by Matt Mattson
Found this picture online and thought it was funny. Props to whoever created that little play on words.
It made me think of some questions regarding “formal recruitment” and “rush”. I don’t know the right answers to these questions. I simply offer them for consideration.
- Did you rush into your fraternity experience?
- Does your recruitment system encourage rushed decisions?
- Do non-Greeks think it seems crazy to join an organization for life after your quick rush process?
- Why is your rush process built the way it is built? Who benefits? Who loses?
- Is there a difference between the most effective way to rush and the right way to rush? From whose perspective?
- Does your rush process impact your ability to retain members?
- Who does rush attract?
- Which of your organizational values does rush exemplify?