by Josh Orendi
Look for a new functionality from Facebook Fan Pages beginning March 1, 2011. Fan page administrators have the opportunity to upgrade early.
1. Manage Photos: Pictures will be displayed along the top of the page. Tip: hover over the picture and click the “x” if you do not want a particular picture displayed on your fan page.
2. Get Personal Notifications: When fans interact with your fan page, Administrators can receive personal notifications. Tip: this is a big advantage in helping you interact quickly with alumni, parents, prospects, members, etc that post to your wall.
3. Like Pages From Your Page: Now your fan page can “like” other pages and list page owners along the left hand side. Tip: be the first to “like” the IFC/Panhel/MGC, the student activities page, the university page, Greek Life page, etc. Also, take a moment to showcase your top members along the left hand side of the fan page.
The Fan Page is a great marketing tool if you use it to gather new leads, promote the organization, and interact with other organizations. Tip: Use the weekly analytics report to make sure your interaction numbers are always trending upwards.
Use Facebook as Your Page
You now have the flexibility to interact with the other areas of Facebook as a page.
1. Get notifications when fans interact with your page or posts
2. See activity from the pages you like in your news feed
3. Like other pages and feature them on your page
4. Make comments as your page on other pages
To try this new feature, you can click the link here or go to Account above and select Use Facebook as Page.