June 26, 2007
2:00 – 3:30pm Eastern Standard Time
Phired Up Productions has been a proud member of the Association of Fraternity Advisors for several years. And now, Phired Up is proud to partner with that association to present the next session of AFA's new “Virtual Seminar Series.”
This seminar is designed to educate campus professionals about the trends in campus recruitment styles, roles of the governing council, how campus staff members can aid and educate men in growing their chapters with a focus on creating values-based, year round recruitment. The presenters will share their experiences as fraternity recruitment educators and success stories of campuses they have visited.
Topics covered will include:
- Trends in campus recruitment styles How are campuses structuring their men's recruitment? Is the traditional method of summer recruitment, Rho Chis and invitation parties still prevalent on campuses? Are men embracing and understanding how to recruit year round?
- Roles of the governing council Who said it was the IFC's job to find the potential new members? What role should the IFC play in recruitment and how do staff members educate them on their roles.
- Educational resources for campus professionals How campus professionals can learn more about year-round values based recruitment in order to parlay these new schools of thought to student leaders.
Meet the presenters:
- Matthew Mattson is the co-founder and Chief Executive Officer of Phired Up Productions, LLC. Leveraging a Master's degree in Training and Performance Improvement, and a background in public relations, collegiate admissions, fraternity expansion, human performance improvement, and nonprofit leadership education, Matt combines his passion for wisdom with a firm sense of integrity to effectively inspire thousands of organizational members toward their pinnacle of achievement. Initiated into Alpha Sigma Phi Fraternity at Grand Valley State University in 1996, Matt then served as a consultant and later Director of Expansion for the fraternity's national headquarters. He now lives in Chicago with his wife, Meggan.
- Joshua Orendi is the co-founder and Chief Operations Officer of Phired Up Productions. Applying successful backgrounds in education, business-networking, fraternity expansion, corporate management, and executive recruitment, Josh delivers a fun but demanding style of training that empowers individuals with the belief and skill necessary to achieve limitless possibility. Initiated into Alpha Sigma Phi Fraternity at Bethany College in 1996, Josh then served as a consultant and later Director of Expansion for the fraternity's national headquarters. He now lives in Indianapolis with his wife, Denise.
How does a Virtual Seminar work?
AFA utilizes web conferencing technology to create a virtual learning environment so you can participate in a timely, interactive program without having to leave your office. Simplicity and ease-of-use are combined with a user-friendly presentation. No special hardware or other technologies are required to access this program. All you need is a computer with speakers, Web browser, a broadband Internet connection and a telephone.
Virtual Seminars are $50/site for member or $75/site for non-members. Keep in mind you pay the registration fee only once for a single connection – you can connect to the virtual seminar in a conference room and invite as many people as you like to participate, making this an extremely cost-effective training resource. You can also receive a 30% discount by registering for or purchasing recordings of 5 or more seminars.
The 90-minute program includes:
- PowerPoint presentation
- Lively, interactive, real-time question-and-answer session
- Electronic program handouts
Prior to the seminar, you will receive instructions to connect to the program and the electronic handouts to have as a reference tool during the program. We look forward to your participation on, June 26, 2007.
Go here to register for this seminar or pre-order the recording.